Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm Blessed

Good Morning Mates!
I wanted to share my latest work with you. I took this picture in my Mother-in-law's yard a few years back and just finally got around to doing something with it. I believe it's a Dogwood? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I applied a dry brush filter to it to get a painted look. Then I added word art by Bethany Harty at Elegantwordart2.blogspot.com. (She does great work and her blogs are fun to read.) And, after being back home for a week and getting to see all my kids, I'm feeling pretty blessed. Everyone seems to be getting along fine even without Momma near by. Does that mean I did something right? I don't know. I'm a big believer in luck and, well, I've just got great kids. :)

On the flip side, our luck wasn't too great the other night. Our truck was pilfered and robbed. They took a Garmin GPS unit, a Road Atlas and 2 six-packs (which makes me think it was kids). Doesn't that just chap your behind? Aaargh! I guess it's our fault- didn't lock the truck. But this is Bear Lake. That doesn't happen up here! Um, well, it didn't used to happen up here. Our neighbor got his radar detector stolen too. He's lived up here for 20 years and leaves his keys in his truck. I guess you live and learn. I have to tell myself that maybe the thieves needed my stuff more than I did. But I'm really going to miss that Garmin! :[

Happy Sails!

No comments: